NSW Government ups energy bill relief
NSW energy bill relief is on the way. The New South Wales state government has just upped relief grants to their emergency support Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme. The boost aims to ease cost-of-living pressures during the COVID-19 pandemic, while making the program more accessible.
Now $1600 in relief rebates up for grabs.Energy Minister, Matt Kean said, “We are expecting more people across NSW to need emergency bill support. Particularly because they are faced with unexpected changes to income and usage increases while working from home”. So, the EAPA assessment threshold has increased. Now, people can receive up to $400 per assessment twice per year, compared to the usual amount of $300. “As a result, this means the annual maximum limit of vouchers for a household with both electricity and gas has increased from $1200 to $1600, up by $400,” commented Energy Minister Mr Kean. Have you already contacted your NSW energy retailer about challenges paying bills? While your retailer should advise you that the EAPA scheme may be an option – you can apply directly for EAPA energy rebate vouchers
Apply from home.Residential customers can apply for NSW energy bill relief through Service NSW website. They will then be contacted via phone for an assessment without having to leave their house.
Don’t forget the Seniors Rebate.At the same time, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders across NSW can apply for the Seniors Energy Rebate. The NSW Government annual $200 rebate to ease electricity costs for Seniors has been available since July last year. However, a majority of those eligible for the Rebate, are yet to apply. So the government is urging pensioners to apply now before applications for this financial year close. To apply for the Seniors Rebate, you must hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC) and be the primary account holder named on the electricity bill For more information and to apply online, customers can go to Service NSW and type ‘Seniors Energy Rebate’ into the search function or call Service NSW on 13 77 88.
Share this article
HOW IT WORKS
- Use the Switch and Sign Up links on WATTever.com.au and sign up to a partner electricity retailer (Dodo Power & Gas, Energy Locals, Enova Energy, ReAmped Energy or Sumo) using the same email address.
- To claim please send a legible photo or scan of your first bill from the new retailer to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can verify your completed switch.
- Receive a BONUS $50 Prezzee e-gift card via email from WATTever within 28 days from verified switch.
- If you withdraw from a retailer during the ‘cooling off’ period you will be ineligible for the gift card.
- Limited time only. Offer closes 31 July 2020. WATTever reserves the right to vary or withdraw this promotional offer at any time. See terms and conditions.